Post: Front of House Duty Manager
Title: Front of House Duty Manager
Reporting to: Front of House Manager
Contract: Part-time permanent
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
As Duty Manager you are responsible for the general management of the venue during an event. It is your duty to ensure that, from conception to completion, the event runs professionally and smoothly across all departments. Security, health and safety checks are a high priority.
• Liaise with the bar, box office and technical departments.
• Meet promoter and ensure that they are happy with event setup.
• Manage and co-ordinate all Front of House staff (including volunteer team)
• Manage conferences and meetings on occasions. Liaise with conference clients/managers to ensure satisfaction.
• Ensure fire safety checks complete and venue clean and ready for patrons’ arrival.
• Hold briefings with foh, bar, box office, technicians, volunteers, security and cleaners.
• Assist any patrons with special needs.
• Ensure event goes up on-time at start and after interval.
• Complete show report.
• Ensure all relevant Health and Safety documentations is completed.
• To carry out any other task which may be reasonably required by the Front of House Manager to ensure client, guest, staff and volunteer satisfaction.
• A minimum of two years experience at a supervisory level in a busy venue/hotel.
• Ability to drive excellent customer care.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a high level of self motivation.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• High attention to detail and will be able to ensure the smooth running of operations.
• Excellent communication and time keeping skills.
• They must be a team player and have the ability to multi task and work under pressure.
• They must be available to work anti-social hours (evenings and weekends) as business needs.
• A qualification in first aid would be desirable but not essential.
Please apply to email@example.com enclosing a short cover letter and a current CV no later than Friday 14th September 2012