A Spectacular Christmas Cabaret Show starring some of the top entertainers from Dublin’s legendary Cabaret Scene. Featuring all the songs that created so much excitement, emotion and great memories for the people of Dublin spanning almost 60 years. A special Christmas night out for a generation of music lovers to see a live show and celebrate a Christmas full of nostalgia in the theatre for the first time in almost 2 years.
Featuring Cabaret Legends such as:
- Red Hurley: One of the biggest showband stars of his day, whose career has spanned several decades. Represented Ireland in Eurovision and hits include “When” “Love is All” and “You raise me up” Red's overall record in the Irish Charts places him among the biggest chart acts of all time in Ireland, with over 20 hits and five number ones.
- Ronan Collins: National Radio DJ, Drummer and Irish Showband Star and surprisingly to many one of the very best vocalists in the country, especially when it comes to the hits of Joe Dolan
- Tommy Carey: Compere & Performer. Dublin’s King of Cabaret, constantly playing to packed Houses and has built up an enormous Fan Base over the Years.
- Laurie Hartz : Made Dublin his home in the 70’s. Still a major attraction, his individual Style has stood the test of time.
- Karen Black. : Started in the Cabaret Scene in the 70’s, went on to front the Nevada Showband and won the Eurovision Song Contest as a Backing Vocalist with Johnny Logan with the Song “Hold Me Now”.
- Tom Cole Junior: Tom reignited the Swing Era both with his Radio Show “Sunshine Swing” which is Broadcast every Sunday night on Sunshine Radio and with his Live performances throughout the City over a number of years.
- Billy Hughes: Billy was Host and Compere at the Legendary Drake Inn for almost 15 years and is a Household name among the Cabaret Fans.
- Musical Director: Eugene McCarthy
- Eugene has workers professionally since 1979. Arranged Music for Numerous Shows Performed at the National Concert Hall, Vicar St, The Bord Gais Theatre featuring the Music of World acclaimed Artists e.g. The Carpenters, Burt Bacharach, James Last, Bobby Darin, The Rat Pack and many more. The Musicians joining Eugene on Stage have worked with him on all of his Musical Productions.
COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION & VENUE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
In line with Government guidelines performances have returned to The Helix at full capacity. This means that it is likely that people not in your group will be sitting next to you, however everyone gaining access to The Helix will be vaccinated and will be required to wear a mask (except when eating/drinking). For your safety, and in line with government guidelines, we are required to introduce the below measures to help ensure we keep our staff and patrons safe as well as providing you with peace of mind.
ESSENTIAL COVID 19 INFORMATION FOR VALID ENTRY TO THE HELIX:
- Please do not attend The Helix if you have symptoms of Covid-19
- In order to gain access to The Helix, it is required that you provide a copy of your EU Digital COVID Vaccination Certificate or COVID-19 Recovery Certificate (recovery within last 6 months) and photo ID when asked upon entering the venue. Please have these ready before entering the queue management system.
- Negative PCR, Antigen/Lateral Flow tests are not acceptable for entry
- Please put on your mask before entering the building and keep it on at all times, including during the performance. Masks are required at all times by patrons aged 9 and over, except for a brief moment when eating or drinking, while in the venue, for the respect and safety of your fellow patrons.
- The Theatre & The Mahony Hall have Air Handling Units which extract air from the room and supply it with fresh air in line with EU Legislation. More at the bottom of this document.
- Accompanied minors (children under 18 years of age) are not required to be fully vaccinated or recovered to attend events and do not need to show a COVID-19 cert
- Unaccompanied minors are required to be fully vaccinated or recovered to attend events and do need to show a COVID-19 cert
- Boooker details for events will have their information kept on file after the event for contact tracing purposes. Your GDPR rights will not be affected
- To avoid disappointment, please arrive early to The Helix to help avoid congestion and to allow time for presentation of your ticket and Vaccination/Recovery certificate.
- Due to Covid restrictions, guests will be asked to take their seats shortly after arrival.
- Please use hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting the building. Sanitizer can be found at our numerous sanitizing stations throughout the venue.
- Our professional cleaning staff are sanitizing highly used touchpoints on an ongoing basis throughout the venue.
- Staff will wear masks and follow the Helix’s Covid policies to ensure patron’s safety.
- If possible, please us contactless payments when purchasing from the Café and Confectionary stands
- Ticket scanning will be contactless and staff will scan your ticket while maintaining social distancing and will direct you to your seat while maintaining a distance.
- Please ensure social distancing while queuing for entry and please adhere to all Covid regulations and announcements while in the venue, such as: social distancing where possible, using hand sanitizer and practicing good hygiene etiquette.
- Once purchased, tickets are non-transferable.
- It is required that you remain in your assigned seat and do not move to any empty seat or move around the theatre/hall.
- If you have recently returned from another country (in the last 14 days) please do not come to The Helix unless you have completed government requirements such as quarantining, self-isolation, testing etc.
- Please do not gather in large groups or mix with people from outside your household inside or outside of the Helix.
- These requirements are supplemental to any government guidelines/announcements.
Info on our Air Handling Units
- Air Handling Unit info: Our auditoriums are standalone sealed rooms when all doors are closed. A Minstral Air, Air Handling Unit is dedicated to each room. AHUs have the capability for heating or cooling the auditoriums. AHUs also have the capacity to continually exchange 100 % fresh air in the auditoriums to comply with COVID-19 REHVA regulations. The Building Management System (BMS) that controls the AHUs is programmed to supply 100% fresh air into the room and extract 100% air from the room before, during and after the room is occupied by an audience, staff or performers. The Air Handling Units dampers are closed to prevent any " recycling " of air in the auditorium. The BMS is monitored regularly checked for compliance by DCU Estates and The Helix.